Thursday, September 4, 2008

Road Trip!

I'm home again!

I was gone for about eight days on what I jokingly referred to as my "Goodbye Tour". The whole thought process behind this trip is a long story, and it didn't quite work out as originally planned, BUT it was a wonderful trip. I spent time in Indianapolis, Beloit, Chicago, and Bloomingdale, and got to see many friends. God was really gracious is giving me special time with many people I love dearly, and probably won't see for a while! It was a really relaxing trip, despite all the driving, because I was with people who know me well so I was able to just be myself. And the icing on the cake was that I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in the wedding of one of my favorite couples last Saturday. What a special trip it was! Thanks to those of you who prayed for me during my time away.

I also really enjoyed the freedom of being on this trip by myself. It was FUN just to have time on my own and be able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I was kind of surprised by how much I liked it...but I really did!

So I returned and hit the ground running. Last night was the first night of Youth (I'm a youth leader this year) which is always exciting. Then today, I had an appointment with my advisor at OSU, where I am now officially enrolled! Well, sorta. I'm on the waiting list for Romanian 101. I'd appreciate your prayers about THAT! My advisor thinks I should just go to class and ask the professor to sign me in on the first day of class (Sept. 24) and seems to think that will be a good possibility. Still, I'm a little concerned, especially since I've kind of rearranged my life around taking this class. I have to admit, though, it IS kind of weird to be back in school again and having to talk about school bills, parking permits and student IDs. I'm torn between being excited and...not! :-)

So other than that, God continues to remind me in small ways that He's taking care of me and giving me exactly what I need. I've really been blown away recently by how gracious He is, not just in big things, but in little ways. Example? I've suddenly acquired a sense of direction. Laugh if you want, but those of you who know me know how surprising that is! :-) In the last three months, something has clicked in my head, and as silly as that sounds it really is a reminder that God's taking care of me. He's gracious. He loves His children, and He loves to take care of them. Of us. Of me. Wow.

PS Support update: 7.33% Yay!!! :-)

No comments: