Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Just An Update

Hi Friends!
I'm trying my best to update more! I feel like I don't really have much to say, which is why I don't write. Mostly right now, my life consists of Walgreens, phone messages and emails. And the Olympics! :-) I cheer for the USA, of course, but I also cheer for Romania (WOOHOO!) and Germany, and feel a warm fuzzy in my heart for other places I've been, too. Kind of more fun this way. More chances "I'll" win!

I've also taken on a small writing project for ABWE. The Eastern Europe Regional Team is having their bi-yearly conference in the Fall in Greece (wish I was going to be there!), and one of my teammates was given the job of getting all the devotionals for the adults, teens, and children written for the ten days PRIOR to the conference. Apparently something fell through with the children's devotional, and he asked the Romania team (which includes me now! Yay!) to help. So I've been given one of the days, and will be working on writing a devotional about why passion (or hunger/excitement, for the kid's sake) is important. NOT an easy topic to convey to kids, I'm discovering! Really abstract! So I certainly would appreciate your prayers in this new endeavor! I like writing and I love teaching, so despite the fact that this is kinda intimidating, I thought I'd give it a shot. How cool to be part of the "team" before I'm even there!

In other news, my "little" baby brother (Caleb) leaves on Friday to go to college for the first time. I'm excited for him and very proud of him, but will miss him...not just at home, but at work, too! So please also pray for him over the next week as he says goodbyes...and then begins a whole bunch of new hellos! There isn't a doubt in my mind that he'll do great, but it IS still scary and a big adjustment for him! And for those of us at home, too! :-)

More to come! I have a road trip coming up next week, and I'll have to tell you about that soon! Blessings!!

No comments: