Saturday, September 20, 2008

Still Alive!

Yes I AM still alive! For those of you who thought that I (a) wasn't, or (b) dropped off the face of the earth, or (c) hated you all and decided never to blog again, I can assure you, none of those are true! It has just been a crazy few weeks (do I say that every time I update? I think I do!) and we lost power for several days, thanks to Ike. That's a whole OTHER story, but in the end it all worked out fine. I'm still surprised that Ike managed to make it all the way to Ohio! Definitely makes me more sympathetic to those in Texas.

The "missionary" stuff is beginning to take off! I sang and gave a testimony this morning at a women's meeting (I still haven't managed to do something like this without crying. Maybe someday!), and my prayer cards came yesterday! I have 1000 now, which looks like a whole lot more in person than on paper, let me tell you. Pretty exciting stuff! Next on the list is putting together a presentation and display so that I can begin setting up meetings at churches. I'll do my very first presentation at Immanuel (my home church) in two weeks on Oct. 5, which is coming quickly.

Also coming quickly is my Romanian class! In theory I start at OSU on Wednesday, but as far as I know I'm still #2 on the waiting list. I say "as far as I know", because in classic Kristie style, I've gotten lost in technology somehow and can't actually figure out how to sign on to OSU's student website, so I can't check my position. I'll call and talk to someone on Monday. Regardless, I plan to show up for class on Wednesday and ask the professor to sign me in. Please pray that God makes the professor sympathetic toward me. Once THAT gets figured out I'll have to run all over campus to get an ID, buy a parking permit and eventually pay my school bill BUT none of that can happen until I'm officially a student. So there's a lot up in the air right now and I think God is once again teaching me to go with the flow and be flexible. Which seems to be a continuing theme in my life. Hmm...

Also, one last reminder that if you'd like to be on my updated prayer list, please email me at: kabernathy@abwe.cc
Eventually I'll send out email updates. But right now my list consists of two people, sooo.... :-)
Blessings, friends!

1 comment:

Liz-Dennis said...

Thank you for keeping in touch. I'm wondering if you have a regular e-mail address, too, as I'd like to send a letter that I posted to many people during the Advent Season. There's a photo of us on it, too, if you are interested. We do enjoy reading your news bits. Thanks! Mrs. Fledderjohann