Monday, September 29, 2008

Only For A Season

Well, after doing half a week of this school thing I think I might be entirely crazy to think that I can balance all of the things in my life right now. What's even crazier is that I was sitting in church this morning listening to announcements thinking, "I can do that! Maybe I should do that!" to several different ministries that need help. NO! I CANNOT take on anything else. There, I said it. Anyhow, as I've been reminded, this is LIFE, life is busy, and still somehow, this is only a season of my life. Here's hoping that the next season involves less Walgreens...

Romanian is going well, I think. I managed to get everything I needed on Wednesday (student ID, parking permit, books) and I also figured out how to get on a bus and get to class on time without much confusion! I have to say, I miss Moody, where "running across campus" meant running across the plaza. Now, it involves buses. Weird. I also had to stop expecting my professor to pray at the beginning of class. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I spent four years at Moody, so it is just kind of ingrained in me. BUT, I think it will be good. Part of the reason I wanted to do this is because I needed to have the adventure of doing all this ON MY OWN, somewhere where they speak English, before I have to have adventures on my own in Romania. It really is helpful in developing both my sense of direction and my self confidence! Oh, yeah...and the learning Romanian thing is probably good, too! :-) I have my first test next Friday. WHAT?!? TEST?!? I thought I was done with that...Groan...

Another "groan" would be Walgreens. I am REALLY struggling to have a good attitude about being there lately. I find myself ready for another vacation, which isn't good...because I don't have any vacation days left! :-) I would really appreciate your prayers. There are just days that are really long and frustrating, and I have to admit, I'm not very Christ-like on those days. It is a hard neighborhood to work in, with hard people to love, and some days I just can't do it...at least on my own. So please pray for me; that I'd be Jesus at Walgreens. I'm not even a very good version of "Kristie" most days, I'm afraid!

"Because He Lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, all fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living, just because He lives."

Ahhh....re-focusing...There we go.
Blessings, friends.

4 comments:

The Family Clan said...

haha...I agree...sometimes I'm a crappy Michelle, much less being "Christ" to the people I work with and FOR... :/ Always humbling I suppose...

michelle c.

Anonymous said...

Ask God to keep the words of the song you sang Sunday going through your heart , mind and hands as you work there. "Cause God loves people more than anything."

vdhkids said...

Dear Kristie, learning to say no, even to "good" things, is hard, but such a good life-lesson. It took me several children to learn that lesson. God only wants you to do what HE wants you to do, so if He hasn't called you to do those good things, there is no room for guilt.

On the other issue, he does promise to give us strength when we are weak....He can help you, and will help you, to be a light, even at Walgreens on impossible days. He doesn't waste anything, so surely there are lessons there as well....not just in Romania. But you knew that already. We're praying for you.

iloveJesus said...

Hi Kristie!

Emily just gave me your beautiful prayer card, so I decided to visit your blog. I hope that things are going well for you at OSU. Know that you will be in my prayers.

He has you in the center of His gentle hands and His ways are good ways for you. Shine where you are. I pray that God illumines your path and gives you light and joy to shine right where you are now.

Know that you are a much-needed (very much) light in a dark place right now. They need your smiles and the hope you have within you.

Much love to you Kristie!
~melanie~ 7W :)