Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Final Countdown

I can't BELIEVE I have a week left in the US. It is crazy, really. I've spent the last year and a half waiting for this day and time has gone so slowly! Then all the sudden, I finished at Walgreens and WHAM! Time sped up!

I spent last week traveling, visiting friends, which was such a blessing to be able to do. I have wonderful friends all over the place and I'm so thankful for them. AND I'm thankful for the chance I had to see them before I become a world traveler! :-)

Next on the agenda is packing. I've sort of started. I'm taking three bags (and paying an arm and a leg for them!), but the rest of my stuff has to be packed so it can go to Michigan with my parents. How do you decide what you'll need for the next two years??

Also in the near future (Sunday) is my commissioning service. OOooooh boy. I have NO illusions about it being easy. I've never been good at goodbyes. I mean, I don't think anyone really likes them, but some people are better at them than others and I am NOT one of those people! I'm not sure why they're called "good"byes, because I DON'T think there is anything "good" about them. But that's just my thought. ANYWAY, service on Sunday! My parents are coming, along with some more family, which is fun. I AM looking forward to that. I'm thankful for my church family and their support through all of this. Pray with me that God is glorified on Sunday and that His power is seen.

I was reading an old journal today and was amazed at the amount of "scary" things in them that I could "never" do: a break up, trip to Germany, trip to Romania, support raising, seeing my parents move, saying goodbye to my brothers...the list continues, because I'm just a naturally scared person! :-) God has given me strength each time. And He will on Friday, too, right? I know it in my head...but try telling my heart! :-)

A season is coming when I will write more often. I look forward to it and THANK YOU for your prayers for me, especially in the coming weeks.

No comments: