Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Steps of Faith Indeed

I've entitled this blog "Steps of Faith", because I'm beginning to see that's what the Christian life is. Or at least, I think that is what the Christian life SHOULD be. It isn't about being comfortable or safe or even happy. Life is about something so much bigger than that and so much bigger than me. It is about advancing Christ's kingdom, regardless of the cost or risk. At the same time, I see God's grace through the fact that in my own life, He has asked me to take STEPS of faith...each a little harder than the last, and each something that is a little more beyond what "Kristie" is capable of doing. But I've found (amazingly!) that He's given me the grace and the faith to take each step as I've needed it.

As I enter a new phase of life, I know that I have "steps of faith" ahead of me. Many of them are unknown, but ALL of them will be scary. Life is an adventure. But God knows what He's doing, and THAT gives me the strength to take each step of faith as it comes.

No comments: